Conformal coatings are essential to high reliability in mission-critical PCB assemblies, such as aerospace and medical devices.
Qualitel maintains high quality standards by doing conformal coating in-house, including parylene. Our conformal coatings protect your printed circuit board assembly from moisture and contaminants, preventing short circuits and corrosion of conductors and solder joints.
To meet your exact specifications, we offer the following conformal coating options:
Acrylic – Cost-effective solvent-based coatings that are tough and transparent, with short curing times.
Urethane – Durable, rigid coating that resists solvents, with many options for method of application.
Potting – By encapsulating the entire PCB assembly, the resin provides complete insulation for good electrical properties with excellent mechanical protection.
Parylene — Highly specialized coating that provides exceptional protection in the most extreme environmental conditions, with zero cure time and is biologically and chemically inert.
If you manufacturer electronics that can’t fail under harsh conditions, Qualitel is the only electronics contract manufacturer on the West Coast that can meet all your needs under one roof including parylene coating.
Contact us today about your mission-critical product.
Qualitel is the only West Coast electronics manufacturing service to offer parylene in line with quick-turn prototype, NPI, PCB assembly and volume production. Contact us today about your mission-critical product.
Parylene Conformal Coating for PCB Assemblies
Qualitel specializes in mission-critical PCB assemblies, such as aerospace and medical devices. Conformal coatings are essential to high reliability in extreme environmental conditions and Qualitel offers the best coating options, including parylene.
Parylene is a highly specialized conformal coating process that provides exceptional protection for PCB products in the most extreme environmental conditions. In certain cases parylene is the only fabrication option.
Parylene has superior thermal endurance for mission-critical products. Parylene C performs in air without significant loss of physical properties for 10 years at 80°C and in the absence of oxygen to temperatures in excess of 200°C.
Parylene delivers thinner film than other coating processes, allowing assemblies to be coated thoroughly without increasing their size. The vapor deposition polymerization process allows parylene coatings to be uniform in thickness and completely pinhole free. Parylene coating completely penetrates spaces as narrow as 0.01mm (10 μ).
Thermal endurance and vapor deposition are just two of the key advantages of parylene. When you also consider these additional benefits, parylene quickly becomes the most attractive coating option for your product:
- Conformal – Parylene is the coating of choice for component configurations with sharp edges, points, flat surfaces, crevices or exposed internal surfaces that need to be coated uniformly without voids.
- Unstressed – Parylene is applied directly to the PCB at room temperature, which means the conformal coating and the parts are effectively stress-free.
- Waterproof – Parylene coating provides an excellent barrier that exhibits a very low permeability to moisture and gases compared to liquid conformal coatings.
- Stable – Parylene is a chemically and biologically inert and stable barrier material.
- Adaptable – Parylene offers extremely high chemical resistance properties, making it adaptable for nearly any project.
- Efficient – Parylene has excellent electrical properties. These include low dielectric constant and loss with good high-frequency properties, good dielectric strength, and high bulk and surface resistance.
- Hydrophobic – Parylene is unaffected by solvents, has low bulk permeability and is hydrophobic. Coatings easily pass a 100-hour salt-spray test.
Parylene applied in our facilities
Qualitel saves time with every mission-critical project by applying parylene conformal coating in our facilities. This eliminates the hassle of outsourcing this highly specialized coating, as well as cutting the time wasted by shipping unfinished PCBAs between vendors. Any project, whether prototype, NPI, or volume assembly, can be coated inline during the Qualitel production process.
Qualitel has experience with parylene coating, so you can count on us to maintain our high standards of quality for your complex, mission-critical PCB assembly. We have multiple parylene coating machines for volume capacity and redundancy, so your project will keep moving through production no matter what.